The Gosford Sewing Machine Centre helps out a variety of charities and groups – some local to the coast and further afield.
BlanketLovez is a volunteer, charity group that makes handmade patchwork quilts and donates them to sick children in hospitals. Marni is the Central Coast’s ‘Quilt Queen’ (area rep) and if you would like to discuss volunteering or making a donation please pop in store to discuss with her or ring her on 0416 023 637.
We are currently collecting donations of the following:
- denim clothing
- beads (plastic beads like Pony beads, novelty beads etc)
- dress zippers with working tabs (sizes under 12in/30cm)
- yarn (acrylic in lengths long enough to knit a 6in square)
- lace, trims, fringing etc in any length (scraps are perfect)
- ribbons, bias binding and tapes
If you have any of the above in your stash that you would like to donate, please place them in a bag with your name and phone number on it and drop the bag into the store. The small haberdashery pieces are going to be used in making fiddle quilts and the denim is for a fundraising effort (more details TBA).